footerwidget2

Home » , , » 2Shotz sues Nokia for N5billion

2Shotz sues Nokia for N5billion

Written By Admin on Thursday, June 2, 2011 | 9:47 PM

2shotz has decided to take (Nokia) a worldwide phone company to a Lagos high court, demanding #5 billion naira compensation over the copyright infringement.



In his statement of claims, 2shotz said NOKIA used three of his songs as default ring tones for NOKIA X3 without getting approval and sealing a contract with him. He considered it as illegal.

He is therefore seeking damages in form of monetary compensation to the tune of N5 billion.



While Brendan Rilley, lawyer for NOKIA is saying that they actually got the deal through Orchard, a record label last year, 2shortz said nothing can be farther from the truth. 2shotz reiterated that only Umunnamu his record label has the legal rights to enter into any contract with company or individual regarding his songs.



If 2shotz wins this case, he will definitely be smiling to the bank, he may not get N5billion naira though, but what he'll gell will definitely worth it

If you like our post, kindly share with your friends and also drop your comments.
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment